Monday, March 21, 2011

52 Weeks of Sharing Memories

I recently started reading a bunch of genealogy blogs. Some of the bloggers are participating in a project called "52 Weeks of Sharing Memories". The idea is to write your memories for your children and their children so that the details of your life are not lost to them. They've heard your stories, but probably won't remember them.

I know that I'd love to hear all of my Mom and Dad's stories again. How many times have I said, that I wished that I had recorded dad's war stories, and mom's stories of all her cousins and aunts and uncles. Hopefully, I'll catch some of those things here, and hopefully my children will appreciate them!

TO keep me honest and to generate stories of their own, I will publish my memories to my seldom used or read blog, with the holes that my siblings, cousins, etc will comment too.

No comments: